Awhile back, I posted an article with advice on how to best prepare your home for an open house. While I was satisfied at the time, I recently realized I didn’t comment on a crucial element of interior design: your home’s lighting. To make up for that, here’s a small list of home lighting tips that should help put the finishing touches on your interior design.
List of Home Lighting Tips:
- Plan around the natural light in your home: Emphasize the natural sunlight that filters in through the windows, if you can. This can mean arranging the lights in a room in such a way that they don’t clash, but still manage to stand out.
- Find ways to best accent specific rooms in your house.
- Get a second opinion! If you have another person to ask for ideas, you may as well go for it. The more ideas you can talk through with someone means you’ll have that many more ideas that are well-thought out before you start changing things up.
- Search the internet! This blog is just one of many places to find useful lighting tips. For example, I found this cool list after a 2 minute google search.
- On the flip-side, be careful about what you find out there, because it’s up to you to find what’s best for your specific arrangement.
- Find a reliable source for any new lighting fixtures you purchase. One such source I found is a company called Valley Lighting. They have many categories and collections that vary by room and style.
- Aside from the selection, buying from a company like Valley also includes another resource of service and advice from professionals.
Ultimately, some of what you do here may be undone by the new buyer’s you’re selling to. However, the lighting, along with everything else in the home, portrays that very particular theme or lifestyle that you feel the house can best represent. People strive for the best option (obviously) and the better your house can look, the better your odds of closing a deal.
Lastly, here’s a short video I found that can help explain some additional points!